In the following text:
- All uses of “we”, “us” and “our” relate to “Eat Rio Food Tours”
- All uses of “you”, “your” and “guest” relate to the customer(s) who will join Eat Rio Food Tours on a tour experience.
A few simple points in plain English
- We want all our guests to have an amazing time with us on our tours. We pride ourselves on being fair, open and honest about our pricing, what we offer and how we work with guests, staff and suppliers alike. We believe our track record speaks for itself – since 2013 we have taken thousands of guests on culinary tours of Rio and the feedback from past guests has been overwhelmingly positive.
- We will always try to be as flexible as possible. However, Rio’s high prices make the business of running culinary tours a huge challenge. When guests drop out of a tour at short notice it is disastrous to our finances. Therefore we need to protect ourselves against this happening in order to stay in business.
- We don’t want any of our guests to experience anything negative during our tours. A case of food poisoning or a robbery would be a massive downer so we do our best to avoid anything like that happening (for the record, since we started our tours in 2013, our tour groups have never been robbed and we have never had any reports of food poisoning from any of our guests). However, no one can completely eliminate the risks of accidents, crime, food poisoning or other mishaps – by joining us on a tour you are agreeing that we cannot be held liable in the unlikely event of any such thing occurring.
What is included in the price of our tours:
- All food and drinks
- The guide
- All/any transport taken during the tour
- All/any sightseeing options included which might form part of the tour
- Extensive advice, recommendations and travel information
What is not included in the price of our tours:
- Your transport costs to get to the starting point of the tour
- Your transport costs to get to your onward destination after the tour has finished
- Any extra personal items or consumables which do not form part of the standard tour offerings.
Booking Requests, Reservations and Payment
- Booking requests must be made via email (email@example.com).
- Once we have agreed the details of your booking request (date, number of guests, meeting location, price) we will hold your place(s) on the tour for up to 1 week, unless otherwise stated. Your reservation will not be confirmed until you make full payment or pay a holding deposit. We reserve the right to cancel your reservation if you do not make payment within the agreed timescale.
- If you need to cancel your tour:
- You must notify us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) as soon as possible.
- Cancellation notifications received more than 5 days before the date of the tour will be subject to a 100% refund.
- Cancellation notifications received 2-5 days before the date of the tour will be subject to a 50% refund.
- Cancellation notifications received less than 2 days before the date of the tour will not be refunded.
- If we need to cancel your tour:
- We will attempt to inform you of the cancellation as soon as possible.
- We will attempt to find an alternative date for you to do the tour. If we cannot find a date that suits both you and us then we will refund 100% of your payment within 24 hours.
- While we appreciate that factors beyond your control (such as heavy traffic or bad weather) may delay your arrival at the meeting point, we have an obligation to all our guests to start the tour in a timely fashion.
- It is your responsibility to get to the meeting point on time. We encourage you to include some contingency in your travel plans. We will always be happy to advise you on travel options including estimated journey times and estimated fares.
- We will do our best to wait for late arriving guests, however, we reserve the right to set off 15 minutes after the pre-arranged meeting time.
- If you suspect you will arrive late to the meeting point, please contact us as soon as possible so we can arrange a secondary meeting point for you to join the tour. We will provide contact details at the point that you make a reservation.
- If you are unable to join the tour due to late arrival then you will not have the right to a refund. Depending on availability and various other factors, we may be able to transfer your booking to an alternative date, but this is entirely at our discretion.
Waiver of liability
We are strongly committed to keeping you safe, comfortable, healthy and happy. We make all reasonable efforts to ensure that your tour experience with us is 100% positive. However, we cannot entirely eliminate the possibility of accidents, mishaps, injuries and crime.
By joining us on a tour you are agreeing to be responsible for your own welfare and property and you accept any and all risks of delay, accident, loss of property, crime, illness, injury, trauma or death.